16 September, 2012

Aisha the young Lady (1)

In the name of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

The Muslim Ummah agrees that Aisha's age the day she was married to Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him) was 9



Items discussed in this research

1) What they haven't told you about Aisha

2) The story behind that blessed marriage 
3) Aisha's love for the prophet peace and blessings be upon him 
4) Response to lies made about this marriage

Note:
Sayings and Narrations quoted in this research either were proven to be authentic or at least have a sound chain of narrators



1) What they haven't told you about Aisha

Aisha was keen on gaining Knowledge, A Fast learner and A Pious woman But wherever you read about her Marriage to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) on Non-Muslim websites the only thing they tell about Aisha is her age, ignoring all her merits and virtues
Here are some of them..

1) She was a pious servant of God

Fasting a lot:

Narrated Al-Qasim: 

She used to fast Consecutive Days *1

Generous and beneficent

Narrated Aisha:
A lady along with her two daughters came to me asking (for some alms), but she found nothing with me except one date which I gave to her and she divided it between her two daughters, and did not eat anything herself, and then she got up and went away. Then the Prophet came in and I informed him about this story. He said, "Whoever is put to trial by these daughters and he treats them generously (with benevolence) then these daughters will act as a shield for him from Hell-Fire *2

Once Ibn Al-Zubair sent her one hundred thousand dirhams as gift. Aisha was observing fast that day. She immediately distributed all the money among the needy. In the evening, at the time of Breakfast, Her maid servant remarked,
O, Mother of the faithful you could have saved some money for buying some food for Breakfast
Oh, why didn’t you remind me at that time, she replied.*3

Urwah bin Az-Zubair said:
Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) – gave seventy thousand (Dirhams) in charity, while her own garment used to be patched.*4

Abdullah ibn Az-Zubair reported: I have not seen anyone more generous than Aisha and Asma, although their generosity was different. Aisha would gather things and after they had been collected, she would share them; as for Asma, should would not leave anything for tomorrow.*20


Highly Modest

Narrated Aisha: I used to enter my house where Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) was buried and take off my garment, saying that only my husband and my father were there; but when Umar was buried along with them, I swear by Allah that I did not enter it without having my clothes wrapped round me owing to modesty regarding Umar. *5


Ascetic

Narrated Aisha:
Abu Bakr as-Siddiq gave me palm trees whose produce was twenty awsuq from his property at al-Ghaba. When he was dying, he said, 'By Allah, little daughter, there is no one I would prefer to be wealthy after I die than you. There is no one it is more difficult for me to see poor after I die than you. I gave you palm-trees whose produce is twenty awsuq. Had you cut them and taken possession of them, they would have been yours, but today they are the property of the heirs, and they are your two brothers and your two sisters, so divide it according to the Book of Allah.' A'isha continued, "I said, 'My father! By Allah, even if it had been more, I would have left it. There is only Asma. Who is my other sister?" Abu Bakr replied, 'What is in the womb of Kharija? I think that it is going to be a girl.' " *19



2) Eloquent thinker and a Poet

Musa bin Talha said:
I have never seen a person more eloquent than Aisha *6

Ataa bin Abu-Rabah said:
Ayesha was a great theologian, and a remarkable thinker *7

Abu Zinad said:
I've never seen anyone narrate poetry as much as Urwah bin Al Zubair so it was said to him, How good you are in narrating poetry!!
He said: what's my narration compared to the narration of Aisha! Whenever something happens to her, she narrates poetry *8

 3) Scholar and jurist

Ayesha has reported more than 2,210 Ahadith

Abu Burdah bin Abi Musa reported that his father said: Whenever we (the Companions) of Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) had any difficulty on hadeeth, of which we approached Aisha and (always) found that she had the knowledge of the hadith *9
Masrooq said: I have seen many of the Companions of the Prophet , consult her about issues of inheritance *10

Urwah bin Al Zubair said:
I havent seen anyone more knowledgeable than Aisha in poetry, religious logic,and obligations *11

Imam Zohri said:
The knowledge of Aisha is better that the accumulative knowledge of all Muslims and wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) *12

Imam ibn kathir said:
there is no other woman or man except abu huraira narrated as much ahadith as her may Allah be pleased by her *13

Imam Zahabi said:
I know no one in the nation of Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him) nor in women who is more knowledgeable than her *14

4) A pharmacologist maybe?

Urwah Ibn Al Zubair said:
I haven't seen anyone more knowledgeable than Aisha in religious logic, medicine and poetry *15

Aisha learnt pharmacology through observation and analysis..

Urwah asked Aisha
O mother (of believers) I don't wonder at your intelligence for you're the wife of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) and I don't wonder at your knowledge of poetry, for you're the daughter of Abu Bakr and he was among the most knowing people, But I wonder at your knowledge of medicine, where did you get it from?
She said: O Uraiah (diminutive of Urwah) The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) used to get ill in his last days, and the delegations of Arabs from all around came and prescribed him medicines, and I used to prepare them for him *16

5) A Soldier of Islam

Narrated Aisha:
I requested the Prophet permit me to participate in Jihad, but he said, "Your Jihad is the performance of Hajj *17

Narrated Anas:
On the day (of the battle) of Uhad when (some) people retreated and left the Prophet, I saw `Aisha bint Abu Bakr and Um Sulaim, with their robes tucked up so that the bangles around their ankles were visible hurrying with their water skins (in another narration it is said, "carrying the water skins on their backs"). Then they would pour the water in the mouths of the people, and return to fill the water skins again and came back again to pour water in the mouths of the peopled *18



That's Aisha a smart young lady, who became a Great woman of Islam not that 9 years old child they want you to see.



1) At-Tabaqat Al-Kubra by Ibn Sa'ad 10/73
2) Sahih Bukhari 2/110 Book of Charity, Avoid hellfire even by half a date
3) At-Tabaqat Al-Kubra by Ibn Sa'ad 10/66, Sear Aa'laam An-Nubalaa 2/186
4) At-Tabaqat Al-Kubra by Ibn Sa'ad 10/66, Sear Aa'laam An-Nubalaa 2/186
5) Musnad Ahmed 42/440 #25660
6) Sunnan At-Tirmidhi 5/705 #3884 (Book of virtues - Virtues of Aisha)
7) Sear Aa'laam An-Nubalaa 2/185

8) Al Isti'aab fe Ma'rifat Al-As-hab 2/546
9) Sunnan At-Tirmidhi 5/705 #3883 (Book of virtues - Virtues of Aisha)
10) Sunnan Ad-Darami 4/1889 #2901
11) Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaibah 8/503 #26446
12) Al Mustadrak 'ala As-sahihain 4/12 #6734
13) Al Bidaya wal Nihaya 11/338
14) Sear Aa'laam An-Nubalaa 2/140
15) Al Isti'aab fe Ma'rifat Al-As-hab 2/546
16) Musnad Ahmed 40/441 #24380
17) Sahih Bukhari 4/32 (Book of Jihad - Jihad of women)
18) Sahih Bukhari 4/33 (Book of Jihad - The Jihad of women and their fighting along with men)
19) Muatta Malik Book 36, Hadith 40
20) Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Number 280 

No comments: