16 September, 2012

Aisha the young Lady (3)

3) Aisha's love for the prophet peace and blessings be upon him



We won't discuss the prophet's love for Aisha and his other wives, what concerns us is did Aisha love prophet Muhammed?


Was Aisha happy and proud of her marriage?


Aisha was jealous on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) just like any woman who loves her husband and wants him for herself only
Narrated Aisha:
I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet as much as I did of Khadija (although) she died before he married me, for I often heard him mentioning her, and Allah had told him to give her the good tidings that she would have a palace of Qasab (i.e. pipes of precious stones and pearls in Paradise), and whenever he slaughtered a sheep, he would send her women-friends a good share of it.*1


She couldn't abandon him even when she is angry
Narrated Aisha:
That Allah's Apostle said to her, "I can well discern when you are pleased with me and when you are angry with me."
I said, "Whence do you know that?"
He said, "When you are pleased with me, you say, 'No, by the Lord of Muhammad,' but when you are angry with me, then you say, 'No, by the Lord of Abraham.' " 
Thereupon I said, "Yes (you are right), but by Allah, O Allah's Apostle, I leave nothing but your name." *2


She counted days and nights waiting for him
In the long hadith..
The Prophet first entered upon Aisha. Aisha said to him, 'O Allah's Apostle! You had sworn that you would not enter upon us for one month, but now only twenty-nine days have passed, for I have been counting them one by one. The Prophet said, 'The (present) month is of twenty nine days.*3

She was Proud of her Marriage 
(As her marriage destroyed one of the deeply rooted false beliefs of Arabia that marriage in Shawwal is misfortune) 
Aisha reported:
Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) contracted marriage with me in Shawwal and took me to his house as a bride during Shawwal. And who among the wives of Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) was dearer to him than I. *4


She ornamented herself for him
Aisha reported:
The Apostle of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) entered upon me and saw two silver rings in my hand. He asked What is this, Aisha? I said, "I have made them to ornament myself  for you, Apostle of Allah" *5


She wanted to protect him from the evil eye
Aisha reported:
I used to recite (this supplication) on the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) as an incantation from the evil eye, I used to put my hand on his chest and say "Lord of the people, remove the trouble for in Thine Hand is the cure; none is there to relieve him (the burden of disease) but only Thou." *6


She loved his supplication for her
Aisha reported:
I saw the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in a good mood so I said, "O Messenger of Allah make a supplication for me", 
He said "O Allah Pardon Aisha for her past and future sins, and for what she had made secret and public (of her sins)"
Aisha then laughed till her head fell in her lap
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Are you happy with my supplication?"
She said, "And why wouldn't I be happy with your supplication!!"
He said " By Allah this is my supplication for my nation after every prayer" *7




1) Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 5, Book 58, Hadith 164
2) Sahih Muslim: Book 31, Hadith 5979
3) Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 7, Book 62, Hadith 119
4) Sahih Muslim : Book 8, Hadith 3312
5) Sunnan Abu Dawud  Book 9, Hadith 1560
6) Musnad Ahmed 41/459
7) Sahih Ibn Hibban 16/47 #7111

No comments: